Thursday, December 7, 2017

RIC Open House


Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, people standing
RIC OPEN HOUSE

For my second event I went to the RIC Open House in November with Dr.McKamey. It was a lot of fun! It made me realize how much I miss seeing the other YDEV students and Dr.McKamey. It was also a little sentimental because I'm graduating in May and won't be coming to these things anymore. I went later in the day so I didn't really get to talk to many prospective students. Instead I really got to catch up with Dr.McKamey and the other YDEV students. I even talked to one of the juniors about possibly interning at Beat the Streets next year, so that was awesome. Events like these just solidify how close the YDEV community really is. I had probably met like 2-3 of the other students that were there, but all have something in common and that's YDEV. I feel like the people who chose this major seem to have really similar values and views on things because I always get along with any YDEV major I meet. It's an amazing feeling. I was a psych major before at my previous schools, and I didn't experience anything like what I've experienced here at RIC as a YDEV major. I wish I could've had more opportunities to express this to prospective students! Don't worry though I'll be coming back a lot next year as an alumni :)

No comments:

Post a Comment